Sunday, November 30, 2008

2nd annual Thanksgivings Eve Night Ride

This past week Rob and I helped organized the 2nd Annual Thanksgivings Eve Night Ride. It's an alternative for those that don't want to flock like sheep to bars the night before Thanksgiving and see all the douche bags from high school and make pointless small talk about the past.

We had a smaller than expected turn out. Rob, Eric from the North, Alex also from the North(Eric from the North's brother), and myself.

We rode off into the woods w/ packs full of cardboard, a lighter, sausages, peppers, buns, Rob's mystery meat, and cans of Modelo Especial, Heineken , Yuengling, The only hint Rob gave us about his mystery meat was that it crawled across his kitchen floor.


The mystery meat was shrimp in Itailian dressing. In my opinion shrimp is the best for tinfoil cooking on a camp fire

Hungry!
This was also my first ride on my 29ner. Hmmmmm....its ok. I can't get as extreme on it as I can on my 26. I have no issues turning it, but I just can't rail turns like I can on my 26. It does fit me very well and climbs like my road bike. Its just a different bike.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Patience young Gavigan. thi 9er shal show yee the light.
rmm