Sunday, May 11, 2008

5:18:08 of destruction

So I completed my first DH race of the season
I finished 19th with 3 crashes in 5:18:08.
For my last crash I had a big audience. I got a big "OHHHH" from the crowd.
I knew I was going to crash so, I hit the ejector button to save myself.
I got back on my bike and sprinted hard to the finish.
All three times I crashed my bike was down the course, so I just had to run to it and get back on it.
Here's what happened to my bike during my race run.

Dent in down tube by head tube junction
Bent rear brake lever.

Bent derailleur hanger
Freshly built front wheel from yours truly. Now doing the wheel wobble dance. Time to rebuild! At least the wheelset I built for the Bosch stayed tensioned, round, and true even with a dented rim wall.

3 comments:

Joey said...

Wow, you are a hack!

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

dude, you're crazy. That's fun !?

wow, you a tougher than me.

respect
faticus

Rick said...

Bike Racen isnt for everyboday! Glad your OK. I need your help on Monay.