Sunday, May 4, 2008

My First T-Town Swap

On Saturday I went to my first bicycle swap meet. I cleaned my basement out of all my used bike shit and put it in a box.

I went w/ my buddies Todd, Darren, and Myself.
Notice the mustaches!

In the cooler we had a bunch of 3 Muskerteers minis. we truly were the 3 Muskerteers with our radtastic mustaches.
I had a lot of junk in my basement. used chains, cassettes, forks, brakes, etc. I also had stuff to sell for Slick Richard, D Dub, and Fitzy. Todd had all his tires and frames, etc from his pro DH days. Darren had some random bike stuff and 2 complete bikes that sold with in the first 45 mins. He'd leave the tent and go shop and I would pretty much hand him $$.


We had some Wilmington bike people stop by. Italian bike snob Nugetbutter stopped by briefly. We had no Campy or Colnogo so he kept walking.
My Swap meet coach Mr. Garrison told me bike people come out of the wood work for these events and rummage though your stuff. This dude, no joke, crawled into our tent and started haggling with Todd as he was pricing his junk.

We also had another strange individual stop by, Fergie Ferg.

Fergie liked my Twenty so much he had to ride it. After the test ride he decided he didn't want it because the top tube wasn't long enough.

In the end the swap was a "Great Success"

What I learned from my first swap experience. People buy used chains and cassettes. Always! Always! Inspect the product before you buy!

My favorite transaction of the day
Dude: "These are tubular! I though they were clinchers! I'm building a touring bike. Can I get a refund?"
GavaganDeathTrail: "Sorry bro, there are no refunds. Inspect before you buy"

No comments: