Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bike, Run, Drink Season Is Coming

Can u guess what season is coming?
If you guessed Cyclo-Cross you are correct, my friend. The nauseating headaches will be chronic from gluing tubular tires (griffos) @ the cross club house.

I also made a new addition to my quiver of cycles.
I will channel the powers of Slick Rick by riding his old cross bike this season.
It actually fits me perfectly...and its lighter that my road bike!
Here's what I know about cross:

-I've never been to a cross race.
-I've wrenched on cross bikes before, so i'm familiar with them. (From my understanding their road bikes with knobby tires with brakes that won't stop on a dime)
-No disc brakes allowed
-Cross racing is like dual slalom, but without the jumps & berms, plus up hill climbing.
-Jeb is really good @ it, so was Slick Rick.
-DCCofD cross practice is fun.
-El Hefe after cross practice.
-Skinsuits are the costume of choice (I'm gonna wear my DH jersey)


Oh, Yeah I added some more blue anodized parts to my Ibis Mojo

No comments: