Monday, March 31, 2008

Noswot/Fredneck trip

This past weekend I headed south on 95 to Maryland to ride some new trails. I met up with Peter Friday night in Towson, MD and grabbed some late night beers . The one bar, CVP , we went to we felt out of place due to the lack of our "new haircut". Then we headed to Lil Dickies', a cool rock and roll bar, then the Rec Room, which was also cool. If you're ever in Towson late night. Get a hot dog from the hot dog cart in front of Hudson Trail Outfitters. But, pet the pit bull at your own risk! You've been warned. He's hunrgy!
Hung over Saturday morning, Steve showed up and we went riding @ Loch Raven. To sum up the trails @ Lock Raven, they were a natural Middle Run. We all had a blast there. Lots of logs to ride over and natural hip jumps. I got some video of the freeriding, but since I'm not totally used to my new camera, the setting was wrong for xtreme action.



Then on Sunday Peter and I met up with his buddy, Rob, to go ride the Frederick Water Shed. Rob had hurt himself BMXing the day before, but he drew us a sweet map of the "best of the water shed loop". It really was a great loop. Thanks Rob, hope your shoulder heals.


This is the Lawn Mower trail. It was super rocky, lots of kicker jumps, and sweet turns. In this one "S" turn that was bermed Peter told me I kicked up some roosted. I love roosting turns. I rode this same trail on my 7" travel DH bike in the fall, but I felt way faster on my 4" travel XC bike.

We also found a nice step down. I was a little pussy footed about doing it. Peter did it twice, so I had to do it.
Sshhh!! Secret Henry's Team freeride practice.

All the tire tracks on the landing were 2.5 or 2.7s. My 2.1 tire track looked pretty kool among all the fattys!

On a techno geek note:
I saw some really cool MTB products @ the SIC office
Chris King 1.5 headset next to a 1 1/8 headset.

Since star nuts don't work to well in a 1.5 steer tube. King has their own solution, the preloader. Their version of a headlock

Please Trevor, let me have one!!!

The trip to Maryland was totally worth it. I needed some gnarly rocks to ride to center my technical chi!

No comments: